Authentica’s COVID-19 Policy is underpinned by our strong commitment to the safety, well-being, and protection of the program participants as well as the locals.
The policy outlines Authentica’s approach towards the prevention of the cases as well as management of the situation if someone is found to be COVID-19 positive during the program.
The COVID-19 policy applies to all personnel of Authentica, including; employees, volunteers, contractors, interns, accompanying guests of personnel, visitors, and partner organizations during the delivery of the programs, across various countries in which we operate, including outside of office hours.
3.1 Requirement of vaccination before embarking on a program
- Authentica requires all the program participants, accompanying staff, and program leaders to be in compliance with the COVID-19 guidelines of the host country before departing for the program destination(s).
- Authentica also ensures that all the key stakeholders during the program, including the local guides, drivers, and host organization members are fully vaccinated as well.
3.2 Proof of vaccination
If required by the host country, all participants must share relevant proof of full vaccination (document/health card, etc.) as a soft copy at least 14 days prior to the program start date.
3.3 Insurance requirement
Many countries mandate proof of adequate insurance that covers COVID-19 related expenses. We can provide detailed information and resources based on specific countries visited.
3.4 Requirement during travel
- Depending upon the COVID-19 guidelines of the host country, the program participants might have to carry a mask (and wear it during excursions, visits, transfers and sessions) and a hand sanitizer.
- Local authorities, guides/drivers, hotel or venue attendants, etc. in some host countries might perform a temperature check.
- If a participant tests positive for COVID-19 during the program, they will have to follow the necessary quarantine/hospitalization requirements as mandated by local authorities. Hence, we require all participants to procure the relevant insurance policy ahead of the program to cover all such expenses. Our local team will provide full support to the participant, in case of any such eventuality.
3.5 Monitoring and Communication
Authentica team is dedicated to regular monitoring of the COVID-19 situation as well as carefully evaluating the safety of our program locations. We gather regular updates from all our local providers about:
- The vaccination status of communities in each location
- COVID-19 risk management-related protocols and training provided to their team
- Specific travel requirements and restrictions related to COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach Vedanth at +1 81366 61221 or email@example.com.
3. COVID Response Protocol
When symptoms appear
- If symptoms such as fever, cough, tiredness, or loss of taste or smell appear, the participant must inform their roommate and the program manager of Authentica immediately.
- Authentica team will help schedule a virtual doctor appointment and a PCR test if the doctor recommends it. If a test is performed in the early half of the day, the results are often obtained the same day; otherwise, they are typically received the next day.
- While awaiting the test results, the participant and their roommate must wear a mask at all times and take adequate precautions in terms of sanitization and distancing.
- If the test results are positive, the participant will be moved to a different room and the Authentica team will assist in obtaining the recommended medication. If the doctor recommends hospitalization, our team will facilitate transferring them to a hospital approved by their insurance.
· If the participant’s PCR test is positive, they will be quarantined for five days, with day 0 being the day their symptoms began.
· Throughout the quarantine period, the participant must monitor their symptoms and maintain communication with the Authentica team.
· Once out of quarantine, wear a mask for the next 5 days when interacting with the other participants and in public places.
The program manager of Authentica will notify other participants who came in contact with the infected participant(s) and monitor their health. We request the infected participant(s) to inform us of anyone else they came in contact with so that they can be notified too.
Close contact exposure
Those who came in contact with the infected participant(s) must monitor their symptoms over the following three days. If symptoms occur, they must follow the steps mentioned above.